Friday 30 September 2011

Stereotypes

I found this image on Tumblr some days ago. Then @pacogascon (our first guest cook) sent me the complete text. I hope you find it interesting and useful.



I’M SKINNY, so I MUST be anorexic.
I’m EMO, so I MUST cut my wrists.
I’m BLONDE, so I MUST be a ditz.
I’m JEWISH, so I MUST be greedy.
I’m GAY, so I MUST have AIDS.
I’m ARAB, so I MUST be a terrorist.
I’m RELIGIOUS, so I MUST shove my beliefs down your throat.
I don’t have a RELIGION, so I MUST be evil and have no morals.
I am LIBERAL, so I MUST be gay.
I TAKE (or used to take) ANTI-DEPRESSANTS, so I MUST be crazy.
I’m a GUY, so I MUST only want to get into your pants.
I’m IRISH, so I MUST have a bad drinking problem.
I’m INDIAN, so I MUST own a convenient store.
I’m NATIVE AMERICAN, so I MUST dance around a fire screaming like a savage.
I’m a CHEERLEADER, so I MUST be a whore…
I’m RICH, so I MUST be a conceited snob.
I WEAR BLACK, so I MUST be a goth or emo.
I’m “GOOD LOOKIN”, so I MUST not be a virgin.
I HAVE STRAIGHT A’S, so I MUST have no social life.
I DRESS IN UNUSUAL WAYS, so I MUST be looking for attention.
I’m a VEGETARIAN, so I MUST be a crazy political activist.
I’m COLOMBIAN, so I MUST be a drug dealer.
I’m GERMAN, so I must be a Nazi.
I hang out with GAYS, so I MUST be gay too.
I’m a VIRGIN so i MUST be prude.
I play VIDEO GAMES, so I MUST be a nerd.
I’m BLACK so I MUST love fried chicken and kool-aid.
I’m BI so I MUST think every girl I see is hot.
I’m a GIRL who actually EATS LUNCH, so I MUST be fat.
I’m SINGLE so I MUST be ugly.
I’m CHRISTIAN so I MUST hate homosexuals.
I’m MIXED so I must be fucked up.
I’m MUSLIM so I MUST be a terrorist.
I’m in BAND, so I MUST be a dork.
I’m BLACK so I MUST believe JESUS WUZ A BROTHA.
I’m GOTH so I MUST worship the devil.
I Love SHOPPING so I must be rich.
I’m ASIAN so I must be a NERD that does HOMEWORK 24/7.
I’m YOUNG, so I MUST be naive
I LIKE TO BE MYSELF, so I MUST be cocky and arrogant
I’m a MUSICIAN, so I MUST not be doing anything with my life
I wear what I WANT, so I MUST be a poser
I’m a YOUNG WRITER, so I MUST be emo.
I’m EMOTIONAL, so I MUST be depressed
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST be rebellious.
I’m POLITE to TEACHERS, so I MUST be a teacher’s pet.
I SMILE a lot, so I MUST be preppy.
I’m AMERICAN, so I MUST be an overweight pig with no boundaries.
I’m a GIRL, so I MUST suck at all guy sports.
I like to READ, so I MUST be a nerd.
I like FIRE so I must be an arsonist.
I have ARTISTIC TALENT, so I MUST think little of those who don’t.
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST have no clue
I’m a TEENAGER, so I MUST have a STEREOTYPE.
I’m not the most POPULAR person in school, so I MUST be a loser
I care about the ENVIRONMENT…I MUST be a tree hugging hippy.
I am A DREAMER, so I MUST be unrealistic.
I HAVE MANY DIFFERENT INTERESTS, so I MUST be unable to commit to one thing.

I’m a PERSON, so I MUST be LABELED.

Stereotypes only hurt.





2 comments:

  1. Unfortunatelly, all the stereotypes above are much too common; however, when we read them listed this way, we realize how unfair and harmful it is to make prejudgements. I stick to the final sentence: Stereotypes only hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Thanks for sharing the text!

    [I'm an English teacher, so I MUST be your translator for everything you listen in this language to prove that I know English...] I just invented that because everyone says: "what did they say?" to everything they listen in English, even if they don't care about that...

    Congrats for your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...